Ogimaawabiitong is dedicated and committed to “Excellence in all that we do”. The ethics, along with the Seven Teachings, speak to how the organization operates: in relation to interaction among clients, staff, members and other stakeholders. The Ogimaawabiitong code of ethics and teachings reflect in both decision-making and service delivery.
Do you want to work for a healthcare organization that changes people’s lives? One that not only cares deeply about clients but also values that its employees are its greatest Gifts!
Examples of Support:
- Unique health services organization
- The supportive management team and collaborative work environment
- Family Culture
- Innovative environment
- Enriched job fulfilment and
- We offer a competitive compensation package, and exceptional opportunities for career growth
- A retirement savings plan with company contributions
Reporting to the Child and Youth Assessment Manager, the Speech-language pathologists will diagnose, assess, and treat human communication disorders, including speech, fluency, language, voice and swallowing disorders. Audiologists and speech-language pathologists are employed in hospitals, community and public health centres, extended care facilities, day clinics, rehabilitation centres and educational institutions, or may work in private practice.
- Administer tests and examinations and observe patients to diagnose and evaluate speech, voice, resonance, language, fluency, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing disorders
- Develop, plan and implement remedial programs to correct speech, voice, language, fluency, resonance, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing disorders
- Establish group and personalized care plans working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Educate and counsel patients and families regarding communication and swallowing disorders
- Conduct research on speech and other communication disorders and on the development and design of diagnostic procedures and devices
- Respect Service Agreement by providing written assessment, progress notes, discharge
- summaries and complete necessary documentation including statistical sheets
- Maintain documentation as per C.A.S.L.P.O. Guidelines and KCA policies and procedures
- Master’s degree in communication Disorders
- Member of the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Must be eligible for membership in the Ontario Association of Audiologists and Speech-
- Language Pathologists
- ADP Authorization is considered an asset
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and facilitation skills
- Previous experience working in a community setting is an asset
- Must be willing to travel as per program needs;
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Search;
- Applicants should possess a valid driver’s license/insurance, and vehicle.
We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our clients and within KCA. Discover What’s Possible!
Please forward your resume and cover letter and three references by Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 4:30pm to:
Human Resource Department
Kenora Chiefs Advisory
P.O. Box 349- 240 Veterans Drive, 3rd Floor
Kenora ON P9N 3X4
Fax: 807-467-2656 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
** Traditional practices involve burning sacred medicines including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage and cedar within the work setting **