The code of ethics are the organizations guiding principles. OGIMAAWABIITONG is dedicated and committed to “Excellence in all that we do”. The ethics along with the Seven Teachings speak to how the organization operates; in relation to interaction amongst clients, staff, members and other stakeholders. The following ethics and teachings reflect in both decision-making and service delivery:
- Honour and respect the beliefs, traditions and values of the Anishinaabe people who we provide services to;
- Respect Confidentiality;
- Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in the OGIMAAWABIITONG Finance and Personnel Manuals;
- I will promote and maintain at all times, THROUGH MY ACTIONS AND WORDS, the integrity and dignity of OGIMAAWABIITONG, its programs, staff, and member communities;
- Avoid conflicts of interests between work and personal affairs;
- OGIMAAWABIITONG encourages fairness and diversity and of all backgrounds and experiences in the workplace; and
- OGIMAAWABIITONG shall maintain a culture which recognizes and values ethical conduct through the following Seven Sacred Teachings.
Don’t lie or steal, WALK WITH HONOUR…
Gego giwanimookan gemaa gego gimoodikan.
We are all personally accountable for what we say and do. If you believe in yourself, respect your actions, YOU ARE LIVING THE TRUTH…
Weweni chi nagagidoowin gazhichige’ing. Debwewin ezhibimaadiziwin.
Respect means never hurting or humiliating your colleagues by unkind words or gossip. TO HONOUR ALL OF CREATION IS TO HAVE RESPECT…
Gaawinn awiiyaa chi-dizhimaad.
Don’t be afraid to stand up for what you believe in; take risks and learn something new, STEP OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE…
Gego zhaawenimooken chimishkogabawi’in. Gagwe gikendaan gegoo endaaso gizhiig.
Love means showing compassion and understanding towards yourself and others. ASPIRING TO LIVE IN TRUTH & HARMONY…
Zhaawendig miinawaa Zhaawendizon. Gagwe biminiizhaa’on mino bimaadiziwin.
Show your humility by asking colleagues for their opinions and giving credit for their assistance and ideas. TO BE HUMBLE IS TO ACKNOWLEDGE OUR LIMITATIONS…
Gagwejiim gaawiidinookimadwaa gainendamowad. Dabaasaandizon.
Wisdom is seeking to learn all that we can in a respectful manner and to take the time to reflect upon our teachings…
Apane gagwe gikandaan gegoowan. Nanagadawendon Anishinaabe gikinomaa’igewin.