Your Donation can Grow to $20,0000 for the Ma’Mo’Weh Wii’Soo’Ka’Tiwin Foundation
Ma’Mo’Weh Wii’Soo’Ka’Tiwin Foundation is actively raising funds this month to support over 1,000 children and youth from nine First Nations in the Kenora area to participate in land-based programs and activities over the summer months. These will be delivered by the Kenora Chiefs Advisory at their Youth and Family Wellness Camp on a 350-acre property located on Black Sturgeon Lake in Kenora.
Make Summer Great
Together with your support, we will get to see Indigenous children and youth doing what they should be doing on their summer holidays; playing, having fun, and also learning important life and leadership skills. The needs are basic in some cases. We are hopeful that you can contribute for the following:
- Rubber Boots – $65.95 per camper
- Running Shoes – $105.05 per camper
- Life Jackets – $99.99 each
- Bathing Suits – $61.18 per camper
- Sunscreen – $19.47 per camper
- Beading Supplies – $52.01 per project per camper
- Sewing Machine for Jingle Dresses and Ribbon Skirts – $259.99 each
- Materials for Jingle Dress – $176.05
- Materials for Ribbon Skirt – $92.65
- 5 Swim Lessons – $225
- Trail Ride for a Day with Horses – $164
- Overnight Camp for 1 Night per camper – $142.85
- Day Camp for 1 Day per camper – $67.02
Also throughout the month of June, we are participating in the Great Canadian #GivingChallengeCA. For every dollar that you donate to Ma’Mo’Weh Wii’Soo’Ka’Tiwin Foundation through CanadaHelps, the Foundation is entered into a draw to win $20,000. Should the Foundation be the successful recipient of the draw, the $20,000 will go a long way to supporting the summer programming at the Youth and Family Wellness Camp.
Thanks for Contributing
As we ask you to consider giving at this time, allow us to thank you once again for your ongoing financial support of Ma’mo’weh Wii’soo’ka’tiwin Foundation. Your commitment to the First Nations has made a significant difference especially during these trying times.