Racialized and Indigenous Supports for Entrepreneurs (RAISE) Grant Program Information:
RAISE is a grant program that provides access to business development training, culturally responsive and tailored business coaching, networking opportunities, and a one-time grant of $10,000 to support Indigenous, Black and other racialized entrepreneurs.
Who is eligible?
• The business must be registered with the Canada Revenue Agency.
• The business must employ 1 to 10 full-time equivalent employees, including the business
owner, or up to 25 employees for businesses in the Accommodation and Food Services sector.
• The owner of the business must be an Indigenous, Black or other racialized individual.
How does it work?
• The program is self-paced and runs for approximately 8 weeks. Participants may continue
to operate their business while participating in the program.
• Once admitted into the program, participants must complete the following activities within
the program timelines to receive a $10,000 grant:
1. Online business development training – minimum of 5 hours
2. Business coaching including networking – 5 to 10 hours
3. Business Action Plan
How do I apply?
• Visit the RAISE grant program web portal for a full list of program requirements, eligible
expenses and what you need to apply.
• Applications must be submitted on or before December 8, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
• Applications are processed in the order they are received. Eligible applicants will be
accepted into the program until the program budget is reached.
If you need help, contact us Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, excluding government and
statutory holidays. Call toll-free at 1-888-975-5502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Video Relay Service (VRS)
for Deaf and hard of hearing persons is available at 437-538-4850.