Developmental Services for Children and Youth
In Partnership with Firefly
This community-based, family-centered program will blend Anishinaabe cultural knowledge with western methods of rehabilitation to support our children and youth to reach their full potential: mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
To create a system where individuals, families and communities have access to services that enhance self-determination and community capacity towards well-being and resiliency.
What is our Purpose?
To improve services to children and youth with special needs.
Who is Eligible?
- Children and youth between 0-18 years of age with developmental concerns
- Must be currently residing in one of the following 13 affiliated First Nations communities:
- Grassy Narrows
- Wabaseemoong (Whitedog)
- Eagle Lake
- Shoal Lake #40
- Naotkamegwanning (Whitefish Bay)
- Obashkaandagaang (Washagamis Bay)
- Ochiichagwe’babigo’ining (Dalles)
- Lac Seul
- Wauzhushk Onigum Nation (Rat Portage)
- Northwest Angle #33
- Animakee Wa Zhing #37 (Northwest Angle #37)
Services We Provide:
- Developmental screening to identify potential risks to a child’s development and to connect families to services they need.
- Coordinate service planning for children with complex needs in the community – families will be able to access a wide range of services with the assistance of Family Navigators.
- Children will be able to access services in the community such as: speech-language, occupational therapy and physio therapy from birth, through to leaving school.
- Building around the goals of the family, school and community. Delivering services in a way which meets the individual needs of the child and family.